Spotting – Recurring Spot
There are three main reasons that you will have a recurring spot .
- Wicking from backing due to over wetting or slow dring
- Residue from your spotting agent
- Residue from an oily or sticky spill
All three of the circumstances need to be considered when spotting, and prevented, to eliminate the chance of a recurring spot coming back. If you follow procedures outlined in various spotting guides, chances are you will not have a problem. If you do have a spot return, the below steps will help you take care of the problem.
Step 1 – Rinse the spot free of any other chemical that may be left behind from a previous spotting attempt.
Step 2 – Wet the area heavily with Avenge. Plan to use enough product to wet the carpet and the backing. This will dissolve residues all the way to the padding. You may add a little bit of water to ensure complete saturation.
Step 3 – Extract the entire area using the Flash Spotter.
Step 4 – Repeat steps 2 & 3 as needed until the spot is completely gone.
Step 5 – Spray a light mist of Power Rinse over the area and buff with towel, or dry vac with extraction machine.
Step 6 – Quick Dry with an Air Mover
Helpful Hints: The best advice is to not let this happen in the first place. Finding out the nature of a stain before cleaning, and controlling moisture, pH, & drying time will help greatly in preventing the “phantom reappearing spot”.
Caution: Do not use this procedure with solvents. If you allow solvent base chemicals to get into the backing of the carpet you can cause delamination of the carpet and end up with a worse problem that you started with.
- Type: Neutral spotter
- Highlights: The ultimate spotting chemical. Removes most water-based stains and many oil-based stains.
- Description: Sub-Surface Spot Lifter
- Highlights:Extracts water & chemical from carpet, Backing & pad.
- Type: Conditioner/ Neutralizer
- Highlights: Prevents wicking, browning and yellowing. Removes alkaline residue.
- Description: High volume air mover
- Purpose: Dries carpet, upholstery & structures quickly
Do you like making more money? Try Cleaner’s Choice cleaning chemicals!
LOWER price = HIGHER profits with the same GREAT results