Odor Control Technician (OCT) Certification Course
- Location: Payless Janitorial, 500 191st St, Miami Gardens, FL 33179
- Time: 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Cost : $239 per Student
- Instructor: Craig Jasper
- Length: 1 Day
- Certification: IICRC
- Type of Class: In Person
- Pre-Requisites: NONE
- Pre-Requisite for: Master Textile Cleaner, Master Fire & Smoke Restorer
- April 28th 2022 (Thursday)
- July 29th 2022 (Friday)
- October 27th 2022 (Thursday)
- December 8th 2022 (Thursday)
The Odor Control Technician course covers olfaction and odor, odor sources, detection process, theory of odor control, equipment, chemical options and applications. The student will learn how to address odors caused from biological sources such as decomposition, urine contamination, and mold, combustion sources such as fire and smoke damage, and chemical sources such as fuel oil spills or volatile organic chemicals. (1 day course; 7 hours, not including exam time, lunch and breaks)
Topics to be Covered Include:
- Odor sources, detection process, and theory of odor control
- Chemical options and applications
- Sanitize, disinfect, enzyme, and sealants Vapor diffusion technology
- Antimicrobials, ‘pairing agents’, and deodorizers and how to use them
- Urine Contamination
- Oil Spills
- Volatile Organic Chemicals
- Efficient Wand Strokes
- Labor Saving Tricks
**The IICRC certification exam will be administered on day of class. The exam fee is separate from the course registration and is $80 per student payable directly to the IICRC. Persons who are retesting cost is $80.00.
- Please Note: Failure to meet continuing education credit requirements will result in suspension of that particular status until the requirement is met and all current course requirements are met
Intended Audience: Restoration & remediation companies, contractors, universities, large organizations, facility managers, water damage technicians, carpet cleaning companies, BOMA members, home & building inspectors, and anyone that deals with water damage.
Continuing Education: The IICRC continuing education program seeks to encourage registrants to actively participate in their industry through conventions, workshops and specialized training with continuing education and by sharing knowledge with others in the industry.
INSPECTORS: Due to rapid changes in fiber, yarn, dye, manufacturing, finishing and related technologies, IICRC-certified inspectors must attain two continuing education credits every two years.
CLEANING/RESTORATION TECHNICIANS: IICRC-certified cleaning and restoration technicians face many changes in their field and require two credits every four years.
ADVANCED DESIGNATIONS: Those registrants achieving the advanced designations of Master Textile Cleaner (MTC), Master Fire and Smoke Restorer (MSR) or Master Water Restorer (MWR) will be required to attain two credits every two years.
- Rodeway Inn Miami I-95 (305) 949-1441
- Miami Gardens Inn & Suites (786) 486-9577
- Stadium Hotel (305) 621-5801
- Best Western Plus Hollywood/Aventura (954) 456-8333
- More Classes
- Your Host: Payless Janitorial
- Lunch is provided – Specialized food requirements will NOT be accommodated
- IICRC Exam Registration Online Day of Exam ($80/$80-retest No Cash)
- You will receive an Email to finish registration (Will be manually sent during business hours)
- Have more questions? Please Call 954-533-6613