Cotton fringes are typically cleaned differently than the rest of the rug and may be the most difficult part of the rug to clean. Many cleaners charge an additional fee for the fringe. The linear-foot method of pricing is most common.
Cotton Fringes Procedure-
Browning on area rug fringes:
- Mix 1/3 of a scoop of RX for Fringe into 1 gal (3.8 L) of water.
- Add 1 oz (30mL) of Gold LX to the solution.
- Apply with a brush to the fringes to make sure the solution does not get onto the rug body.
- Allow fringes to dry with an Air Mover
- Mist the area with Browning Treatment.
Browning on UNDYED rugs:
- Mix 1/2 scoop of RX for Fringe in 1 gal. (3.8 L) of water
- Spray over the surface of the rug.
- Wait 5 minutes, then mist the area with Browning Treatment.
- Allow to dry.
Type: Oxygen Bleach Highlights: Increases soil suspension, dissolves oils.
Type: Extraction Chemical Highlights: Liquid formula that leaves no soil-attracting residue
Type: Liquid Debrowner Highlights: Restores carpets and upholstery where browning has occurred
Description: High volume air mover Purpose: Dries carpet, upholstery & structures quickly
Helpful Hint – Fold rug in half and place ends of rug over 2×4 so fringes hang down making them easier to dry with an air mover. Unfold rug after fringes are dry to allow the rug to dry properly.
- Check strength of fringe before removing from home by pulling on fringe at several places. Other cleaners may have used strong solutions of hydrogen peroxide or chlorine bleach to get fringes whiter, which weakens the fiber significantly.
- Beige is a DYE color. Do not use on beige.