Water Restoration Technician (WRT) Certification Course
- Location: Payless Janitorial, 500 191st St, Miami Gardens, FL 33179
- Time: 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Cost : $385 per Student
- Instructor: Craig Jasper (Aug Class: Gary Loiben)
- Length: 1 Day
- Certification: IICRC
- Type of Class: In Person
- Pre-Requisites: NONE
- Pre-Requisite for: Master Water Restorer, Applied Microbial Remediation Technician, Applied Structural Drying
- April 12th 2022 (Tuesday)
- May 16th 2022 (Monday)
- June 13th 2022 (Monday)
- July 11th 2022 (Monday)
- August 8th 2022 (Monday)
- September 14th 2022 (Wednesday)
- October 10th 2022 (Monday)
- November 8th 2022 (Tuesday)
- December 5th 2022 (Monday)
Why Should You Take This IICRC-approved Water Damage Restoration Technician (WRT) course?
This IICRC-approved Water Damage Restoration Technician (WRT) course is designed to teach restoration personnel that perform remediation work to give them a better concept of water damage, its effects and techniques for drying of structures. This course will give residential and commercial maintenance personnel the background to understand the procedures necessary to deal with water losses, sewer backflows, and contamination such as mold.
When coupled with additional on-the-job training and field experience, students should be adequately prepared to perform and document typical residential or light commercial water-damage restoration projects from start to finish. They also should be adequately prepared to accomplish further training in other IICRC-approved courses such as ASD (Applied Structural Drying), and AMRT (Applied Microbial Remediation Technician), which require WRT (Water Damage Restoration Technician) as a prerequisite.
Topics to be Covered Include:
- General Discussion covers
- Principles of Drying, Categories and Classes
- Equipment, Supplies, Chemicals
- Microorganisms, Health and Safety
- Drying Science
- Effect of Water on Materials
- Procedures: Sanitary Water Source
- Procedures: Unsanitary Water
Use Certification To:
- Complete a water loss in a residential home
- Explain to an adjustor the proper procedures and difference for Category 2 or 3 water loss
- Identify and change drying plans based on the Science of Drying
**The IICRC certification exam will be administered on day of class. The exam fee is separate from the course registration and is $80 per student payable directly to the IICRC. Persons who are retesting cost is $80.00.
- The WRT Certification Exam is comprised of 140 questions, multiple choice.
- Please Note: Failure to meet continuing education credit requirements will result in suspension of that particular status until the requirement is met and all current course requirements are met
Intended Audience: Restoration & remediation companies, contractors, universities, large organizations, facility managers, water damage technicians, carpet cleaning companies, BOMA members, home & building inspectors, and anyone that deals with water damage.
Continuing Education: The IICRC continuing education program seeks to encourage registrants to actively participate in their industry through conventions, workshops and specialized training with continuing education and by sharing knowledge with others in the industry.
INSPECTORS: Due to rapid changes in fiber, yarn, dye, manufacturing, finishing and related technologies, IICRC-certified inspectors must attain two continuing education credits every two years.
CLEANING/RESTORATION TECHNICIANS: IICRC-certified cleaning and restoration technicians face many changes in their field and require two credits every four years.
ADVANCED DESIGNATIONS: Those registrants achieving the advanced designations of Master Textile Cleaner (MTC), Master Fire and Smoke Restorer (MSR) or Master Water Restorer (MWR) will be required to attain two credits every two years.
- Rodeway Inn Miami I-95 (305) 949-1441
- Miami Gardens Inn & Suites (786) 486-9577
- Stadium Hotel (305) 621-5801
- Best Western Plus Hollywood/Aventura (954) 456-8333
- More Classes
- Your Host: Payless Janitorial
- Lunch is provided – Specialized food requirements will NOT be accommodated
- IICRC Exam Registration Online Day of Exam ($80/$80-retest No Cash)
- You will receive an Email to finish registration (Will be manually sent during business hours)
- Have more questions? Please Call 954-533-6613
There are no reviews yet.