SURFACESHIELD – NON TINTED
Blocks mold-supporting nutrients. Unlike most other protectants that must be applied to dry wood, SurfaceShield can be applied to building materials with a moisture content of 11%–30%. Used as the final step on remediation jobs or in new construction, it protects against damage and staining from mold and mildew. Ideal for a variety of porous surfaces including wood, concrete, paper, dryw
all and more. Available in U.S. only.
Available Sizes ▪ One 5 gal. / 18.9 L pail or Tinted
- Item # UN-US2-05
- MFR # 113349
- MFR Legacy # 252753000
- AKA # US-SSS-05, Unsoot #2, 1659-5098, ProRestore Unsmoke Unsoot #2, UN-252752000
- GTIN: 847136002719
- Form : Liquid RTU
- pH: 8.2
- Appearance: Translucent liquid
- Flash point : 224°F | 106.6°C
- Nonvolatile matter: 3%
- Specific gravity: 1.05
- VOC: Nil
- Patent no.: 7,655,281
- Xactimate: PNTS+++
- Breathable barrier with permeability rating of 11–14 allows water to evaporate while blocking mold-supporting nutrients from migrating to the surface
- White-tinted Plus version to show coverage
- Contains an EPA-registered preservative to inhibit growth of mold and mildew on the dry surface coating
- Unique penetrating formula will not blister or peel like antimicrobial paints can
- Added protection against future water damage and staining from mold and mildew
- Economical, water-thin, low-VOC solution that can be applied with airless sprayer
Stir thoroughly then apply as final step in the mold stain removal process. Do not mix or use any other products with Surface Shield. Apply at the rate of 250–1,000 sq ft per gallon (6–24 square meters/liter) depending on surface porosity, using an airless sprayer, brush or paint roller. If using airless sprayer, avoid atomizing the solution by using a tip with no smaller than a 0.515 orifice.
As the final step on remediation jobs or in new construction, SurfaceShield helps protect against future water damage and staining from mold and mildew.
SurfaceShield is a new class of penetrating barrier that blocks the nutrients that promote mold and also mildew growth from reaching a material’s surface*. It also contains an EPA-registered preservative to inhibit the growth of mold and mildew on the dry surface coating. SurfaceShield uses a patented technology that penetrates, driving protection into the wood. It provides a moisture-resistant, breathable coating for water damage applications. It is sand able and colorless and highly resistant to water damage.
»TREAT POROUS INTERIOR SURFACES, such as OSB, plywood, other engineered wood products, brick, and wallboard. Do not over apply to load bearing I-joists with OSB webbing.
» Materials with visible fungal contamination or water staining should be HEPA vacuumed and cleaned or removed first according to industry standards, then apply