Thermo 55 is a powerful heat-activated odor counteractant. Utilizing a blend of highly purified petroleum solvents and odor-controlling essential oils, Thermo-55 creates a vapor barrier that prevents malodors from finding their way into the living environment. Solvent-based and available in a wide range of pleasant scents, Thermo-55 is especially effective for controlling odors associated with structural fires. It is also highly effective for tobacco-related odor removal. Proper application knocks out the strongest odors and helps to prevent malodors from reappearing. Choose the fragrance that works best with the malodors being treated.
- Item # UN-T5C-01
- MFR # 115970
- MFR Legacy # 433002901
- AKA # 800074, US-T55C-01, UP241C-GRP, 61253, CD60GLA,
- GTIN: 847136001132
- Form : RTU
- pH: N/A
- APPEARANCE: Transparent light yellow liquid
- XACTIMATE: CLNDODR
- Flash Point: Cherry: 154°F | 67.7°C
Thermo-55 is intended for use with thermal fogging devices only.
- Mixing: Do not dilute. Use full strength.
- Application: Apply using a thermal fogger at a rate of 0.5–1.5 ounces per thousand cubic feet.
- Survey to determine the potential for exposure to sensitive individuals. Take special precautions to minimize exposure of potentially sensitive individuals. See special precautions.
- Be sure that application equipment is in good working order. Determine the volume of the room so that you will know how much Thermo-55 to use to treat the area.
- Turn off pilot lights and eliminate ignition sources and review Unsmoke indoor fogging precautions as found in the Odor Removal Manual.
- Evacuate humans and pets from treatment area. Post “Do Not Enter” signs.
- Remove or protect food* and utensils. * – Notes on treatment of food items:
Food that was in the same part of the room or building when the disaster event occurred would normally be disposed. The event itself would have damaged those items. Items packaged in permeable containers such as paper, thin plastic or cardboard might pick up the taste of the thermal fog so they should be disposed.
- Cover materials potentially adversely affected by petroleum distillates.
- Issue respirators to application personnel.
- Best results achieved when temperature of area to be treated is above 55°F (12.8°C)
- Apply Thermo-55 at rate of 0.5 to 1.5 fluid ounce per one thousand cubic feet (15 to 45 ml/ 28 cubic meters) of airspace.
- Doors and windows should remain closed for 30 minutes after fogging. This allows adequate time for the product to penetrate various surfaces in the room.
- Ventilate treatment area for at least 60 minutes prior to re-entry or re-occupancy.
Thermo-55 available in a variety of scents formulated to combat specific smoke odors. Choose your primary smoke odor source from the list below to locate the best product for your smoke remediation project:
Working with especially difficult odors? Try ProRestore’s Proven Odor Removal System.