The Cookie Cutter CARPET REPAIR KIT is a quick simple tool for professional carpet restoration that utilizes carpet remnants or carpet from hidden areas. It is perfect for cigarette burns and other small damaged areas.
This inexpensive cookie cutter style tool utilizes remnants or carpet from a hidden area to instantly repair burns, stains, rips, tears and other small damage in carpeting and rugs. It has a spring loaded depth pivot pin and four replaceable blades to cut a 3-1/8″ diameter hole. Made from polished cast aluminum.
Available Options ▪ 1 KIT
- Item # BG1367
- MFR # Model No.174
- AKA # No. 174, 28171, AK084
- GTIN: 734995174001
Directions for Carpet Repair Kit:
- Put the cutting blades in the down position. All the cutting edges must face in the same direction.
- Press the center pin into the middle of the damaged area, deep enough to enter the carpet’s backing. Minimize the shearing of yarns by carefully parting the yarns which are ahead of the blades.
- Hold the center pin and press the blades all the way into the carpet backing. Rotate the cutter slightly more than 1/4 turn.
- Clean the hole, removing any loose backing or tufts.
- Cut a replacement circle from some scrap carpet.
- For stretch-in, place a fabric scrap in the hole which is slightly larger than the hole. Apply adhesive to the edges of the hole and onto the fabric. For glue direct, latex may be applied to the floor with no fabric.
- Line up the rows of the replacement circle with existing carpet. Press circle into adhesive all around the edge so fabric sticks to backing.
Category : Tools for Flooring