HEPA 500 HEPA Filter
Primary filters used in the Dri-Eaz DefendAir HEPA 500 Air Scrubber. These filters combine a powerful filtration ability with a remarkable filtration capacity. They are rated true HEPA-grade, primary HEPA filter with efficiency rating of 99.97% against 0.3 micron oily aerosol particles, combining filtration efficiency and large capacity. To maximize HEPA filter life, be sure to change the pre-filters regularly.
- Item # DE-F321
- MFR # 111192
- MFR Legacy # F321
- AKA # DP-F321-EA, DP-F321A-EA, Air Care Hepa 500, GK-F321, Drieaz F321, AC35A, SBMF321, DEF321, 050027, A14168, 14168,
- HEPA 500 filters combine fine particle capture with filter capacity.
- Replace prefilters whenever dust and debris accumulation is visible.
- Replace HEPA filter when change light turns on.
- The HEPA filtration standard was originally developed in the 1940s to control radioactive dust particles in U.S. nuclear laboratories.
- Note: To help prevent cross-contamination, we recommend replacing the HEPA filter after each job involving mold, sewage, or other microbial contaminants, and also after use in an environment that may contain toxic substances such as asbestos. Wear appropriate protective gear when handling contaminated filters and dispose according to local regulations
- Efficiency rating: 99.97% against 0.3 micron oily aerosol particles.
- Media: Synthetic fiber
- Frame: Rigid plastic
- Xactimate: WTRFHEPA
The Defendair HEPA 500 may be set up in a variety of filter configurations to suit your particular air scrubbing requirements. Use the chart below to find the best filtration setup for your project.
|Filtering Application||First filter position||Second filter position||Final filter position (HEPA)|
|Clean water loss air scrubbing. For a relatively clean environment.||n/a||30% Prefilter (F271)||HEPA filter (F321)|
|Standard air scrubbing. For environments with higher particle loads, such as construction or remodeling sites.||10% Prefilter (F270)||30% Prefilter (F271)||HEPA filter (F321)|
|First pass efficiency air filtration. For use with a negative air setup during remediation of high risk contaminants and/or when DOP testing is required.||30% Prefilter (F271)||DOP Prefilter (F415)||HEPA filter (F321)|
|Odor control and air filtration. For the removal volatile organic compounds (VOCs), food odors, fumes from paint and paint thinners, sewer odors, and many other noxious odors.||Activated Carbon Filter (F397)||30% Prefilter (F271)||HEPA filter (F321)
10% Prefilter (F270). Synthetic fiber filter media rated at 10% efficiency. Captures the largest particles to help extend the life of the higher efficiency filters inside. More info.
30% Prefilter (F271). Synthetic fiber filter media rated at 30% efficiency. Captures larger particles to help extend the life of the HEPA filter. More info.
DOP PreFilter (F415). Use of the DOP filter ensures laboratory-rated performance for sensitive jobs requiring first-pass HEPA filtration. More info.
Activated Carbon Filter (F397). The activated carbon filter allows the removal of a wide variety of compounds, including volatile organic compounds (VOCs), food odors, fumes from paint and paint thinners, sewer odors, and many other noxious odors. Combining activated carbon filtration with HEPA filtration is especially effective in removing airborne soot particles and the odors they create. More info.
HEPA filter (F321). The HEPA filter has an efficiency rating of 99.97% against 0.3 micron oily aerosol particles, the HEPA filtration standard. This standard was originally developed in the 1940s to control radioactive dust particles in U.S. nuclear laboratories. More info.