DefendAir HEPA 500
Rugged, high-efficiency air filtration. Restore and maintain indoor air quality during cleaning, remodels and remediation. Suitable for use in homes, light industrial settings, schools, hospitality venues and healthcare environments – wherever portable, efficient HEPA filtration is needed.
Learn more about HEPA filtration in Legend Brands Tech Tips Blog.
- Item # DE-F284
- MFR # 114178
- MFR Legacy # F284
- AKA # DP-HEPA500-EA, 4AYF5, DE0011, AC35, A20377, Fiberlock 6560, A71100, 89957, 08471360000074, B00AB25016, 400083,
- Xactimate: WTRNAFAN
- Includes one primary HEPA filter (F321) and one prefilter (30% – F271)
- Filter change light indicates when primary (HEPA) filter needs to be changed
- Daisy chain capability – link up to 4 units on 1 power outlet
- Variable CFM on each unit – up to 2000 CFM per 15-amp circuit
- Stackable, lightweight, and easily transportable
- Air movement: 250–500 CFM
- Circuit maximum: Plug up to four units together for a total of 2000 CFM on a single 15-amp circuit
- Static pressure: 2.9 in. (H2O)
- Use weight: 44 lbs. | 19.9 kg
- Dimensions (W × H × D): 26.2 × 24.6 × 18.2 in. ¦ 66.5 × 62.5 × 46.2 cm
- Duct sizes: Intake: 12 in. / Outlet: 8 in.
- Volts: 115V
- Frequency: 60 Hz
- Amps: 3A
- Sound level (varies based on speed): 56 – 72 dB
- Housing: Rotomolded polyethylene
- Power cord length: 25 ft. | 7.62 m
- Power outlet: GFCI protected
- Pre-filter: Standard paper pre-filters, plus activated carbon (F397) and DOP (F415) filter options
- Primary filter: HEPA filtration technology
- Safety: Listed to UL/cUL standards
- Xactimate: WTRNAFAN
- HEPA 500 Guide to Air Scrubbing
- HEPA 500 (07-01489J) Manual
- HEPA 500 Filter Options
- HEPA 500 (07-00419M) Warranty
- HEPA 500 Technical Service Guide
- HEPA 500 Wiring Diagram
- HEPA 500 Product Image 1
- HEPA 500 Product Image 2
- HEPA 500 Product Image 3
- Layflat Ducting (Roll)
- Sto and Go Vortex Ducting
- DefendAir HEPA 500 1st Stage Pre-Filter
- DefendAir HEPA 500 2nd Stage Pre-Filter
- DefendAir HEPA 500 HEPA Filters
- DefendAir HEPA 500 Activated Carbon Filter
- DefendAir HEPA 500 DOP Stage 2 Pre-Filter
DefendAir HEPA 500 Versatile air scrubber and negative air machine
Get high efficiency air filtration and great versatility in a highly portable package. The DefendAir HEPA 500 combines advanced air scrubbing performance with the features and functions that help to make the restorer’s job easier, faster, and more profitable.
The DefendAir HEPA 500 uses HEPA filter media with an efficiency rating of 99.97% against 0.3-micron oily aerosol particles. When used with the DOP 2nd stage filter, the HEPA 500 meets first-pass filtration requirements for sensitive jobs. The optional Activated Carbon Filter allows users to quickly and effectively attack smoke and other noxious odors in the environment. See all HEPA 500 filtration options at bottom of page.
Designed for Restoration
It is ideal for handling indoor air quality needs on every restoration job. Restoration that involves sewage, mold, or fire damage involves significant amounts of particulates and bad-smelling gasses – a direct result of the damage itself. In a water damage restoration environment, the high-velocity airflow needed for drying can stir up particulates that have settled in carpet or on other materials. The HEPA 500 addresses these air-quality issues quickly and effectively, helping you to maintain a clean, odor-free indoor environment for your technicians – and your customers.
PLEASE CALL 1-800-334-5747 First For Backorders
The Defendair HEPA 500 may be set up in a variety of filter configurations to suit your particular air scrubbing requirements. Use the chart below to find the best filtration setup for your project.
|Filtering Application||First filter position||Second filter position||Final filter position (HEPA)|
|Clean water loss air scrubbing. For a relatively clean environment.||n/a||30% Prefilter (F271)||HEPA filter (F321)|
|Standard air scrubbing. For environments with higher particle loads, such as construction or remodeling sites.||10% Prefilter (F270)||30% Prefilter (F271)||HEPA filter (F321)|
|First pass efficiency air filtration. For use with a negative air setup during remediation of high risk contaminants and/or when DOP testing is required.||30% Prefilter (F271)||DOP Prefilter (F415)||HEPA filter (F321)|
|Odor control and air filtration. For the removal volatile organic compounds (VOCs), food odors, fumes from paint and paint thinners, sewer odors, and many other noxious odors.||Activated Carbon Filter (F397)||30% Prefilter (F271)||HEPA filter (F321)
10% Prefilter (F270). Synthetic fiber filter media rated at 10% efficiency. Captures the largest particles to help extend the life of the higher efficiency filters inside. More info.
30% Prefilter (F271). Synthetic fiber filter media rated at 30% efficiency. Captures larger particles to help extend the life of the HEPA filter. More info.
DOP PreFilter (F415). Use of the DOP filter ensures laboratory-rated performance for sensitive jobs requiring first-pass HEPA filtration. More info.
Activated Carbon Filter (F397). The activated carbon filter allows the removal of a wide variety of compounds, including volatile organic compounds (VOCs), food odors, fumes from paint and paint thinners, sewer odors, and many other noxious odors. Combining activated carbon filtration with HEPA filtration is especially effective in removing airborne soot particles and the odors they create. More info.
HEPA filter (F321). The HEPA filter has an efficiency rating of 99.97% against 0.3 micron oily aerosol particles, the HEPA filtration standard. This standard was originally developed in the 1940s to control radioactive dust particles in U.S. nuclear laboratories. More info.